Patrik Baboumian (born 1 July 1979 in Abadan, Iran) is an Armenian-German strongman competitor and former bodybuilder. Patrik lost his father in a car accident when he was only four years old. Growing up in the Iran-Irak-War he learned many lessons about live and himself that would make him mentally strong and resistant in the years to come.
In 1985, at the age of seven Patrik, along with his mother and grandmother, emigrated to Hattenhof, Germany. Asked about his first inspiration for his later career in strength-sports Patrik replies with this: ” The HULK-TV-Series where my first encounter with that super muscular bodybuilding look , when I was only 3 years old and terrified by the sight of Banners transformation into the HULK when watching TV together with my parents.
This is one of the few memories I’ve got of my father. The sight of the mighty muscular creature became a inspirational image I never got out of my mind until today!”
By the age of nine Patrik had developed an interest in weight training, which led him to pursue bodybuilding as a young man. In 1999 he won the IFBB German junior bodybuilding championship, and in 2002 he became the overall junior champion at the Gießen Campions-Cup.
Patrik currently holds the world log lift record in the 105k-category (165 kg), as well as the German heavyweight loglift record (185 kg) and the title of “Strongest Man of Germany”. Since 2007 Patrik been competing on a international level for many times a fourth place at the log lifting worlds in Vilnius Lithuania being his best result so far.
- 1999 int. German Champion Jun. Bodybuilding-IFBB
- 2007 German Champion -105 kg Strongman-GFSA
- 2009 German Champion -105 kg Strongman-GFSA
- 2009 German Team-Champion Strongman-GFSA
- 2009 German Champion log lift -GFSA
- 2009 world record log lift -105 kg (165 kg)
- 2010 German Champion log lift -GFSA
- 2010 German rekord in log lift +105 kg (180 kg)
- 2011 4th place at loglifting worldcup (185 kg)
- 2011 Germany’s Strongest Man
- 2011 German Champion log lift -GFSA